Corporate Social Responsibilities
KUMPULAN BTC BERHAD is truly proud of the unique culture it has built up in caring for the lives of the down-trodden and needy members of the community irrespective of race and religion. We believe that while anyone can make a difference to the life of the most needy people in our communities our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is central to our ability to succeed in the marketplace and to be a positive, responsible corporate citizen. To this end, we recently adopted a comprehensive CSR framework to align and drive commitments in four categories: our food, our people, our community and our environment. Listed below are some of the CSR activities that we have carried out:
- We have gone through lengths taking maximum precaution through our ISO and HACCP program to ensure that our food and products are safe for the consumption of our customers.
Food Drive Campaign
- Every year during the Ramadhan month, we will distribute food supply to over 1,500 orphans and poor people around Sabah. We also invite them to celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri with us at our Dewan Serbaguna.
- Every year during the month of August, we distribute 10,000 flags for free to the public in honour of Merdeka Day.
OKU Training Program
- In 2010, we signed an agreement with the Ministry of Education, Sabah to help train people with disabilities and special needs (also refered to as Orang Kurang Upaya, OKU) and equip them with the necessary skills and training to secure respectable jobs in the society.
- We are the only private company to get an MOU signed by the Ministry of Education for this purpose.
- In collaboration with the schools for OKU, this program has been successfully implemented with a good number of OKU eventually being absorbed into our own company upon completion of their training.
Blood Donation Campaign
- Our employees have actively participated in several blood donations throughout the years.
- We have also supplied free food and beverages to members of the public who donate blood to the hospital from time to time.
Aid to Fire Accident and Flood Victims
- We have donated free clothing, food rations and cash to those who unfortunately had their houses gutted by fire in and around Kota Kinabalu.
Community Project Donations
- From time to time, we help deserving community projects that benefits the well-being of our society.
- We have donated food supplies and in-kind contributions to the Cancer Society, plus various state campaigns and community development projects.
Visit Hospital Patients
- For the past six years, we have visited patients of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital I, Queen Elizabeth Hospital II, Hospital Likas and Hospital Sandakan during the Ramadhan and Merdeka month. We distribute free cookies, fruits and drinks to over 5,000 people annually.
Al - Mubarak Catering
- Being a member of the Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu, we conduct an annual program where we raise funds through our catering services and donate it to the mosque during the holy month of Ramadhan.